Sunday, August 29, 2010

Harlaxton Manor

We arrived at Harlaxton Manor on Friday afternoon. This was one of our first views of the manor in which Ashley and I were both in awe. We were given our room assignments straight away; Ashley in the manor in the 400 corridor, and I in the Carriage House (seen below).


I have three roommates, which is very common for the rooms here. I was the last to arrive and was thus left with the leftover bed, desk and wardrobe, and therefore, have a top bunk next to the door, the desk in the corner, and the wardrobe that blocks the walkway to the door. I basically have all of the worst areas in the room. However, I'm working on not letting it bother me too much (working...not necessarily achieving it yet). My roommates are all very nice but we haven't gotten the chance to get to know one another yet. So far, we've all been living very different sleep schedules, so I'm curious as to how that will play out as the semester continues on.

We've all been very busy here with orientation meetings, fancy dinners and explorations of the manor, Carriage House and the grounds. I've been quite busy so far and have barely gotten the chance to explore much more than a few floors in the manor! I've found 3 pianos so far and am thinking I'm going to have the chance/want to play a lot more this semester than I was expecting!

I've already signed up for the choir, volleyball team, special events club and am thinking of applying for the student ambassadors. I hope to fill my time with lots of fun activities and opportunities to meet lots of people!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh you live in a palace. Does that make you at least part princess? I hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. got word from my london friends, the place to get cut-price theatre tickets is at the official ticket booth in leicester square in the west of london. the nearest underground station is leicester square (piccadilly line). their website is www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk/tks/leicestersquare

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops . . . www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk once you get on this main page, click on tks, then leicester square. this will tell you how to get half priced tickets, cheers

    ReplyDelete